The Cowboy Marching Band is going to Orlando! Please continue to check this page for updates periodically until our trip. We’ve done our best to allow you to have family time on Christmas morning / afternoon (for those joining in Dallas) while still arriving in Orlando at a time that works well. Please see the note at the bottom of this page regarding required bowl participation.
- Camping World Bowl Itinerary (updated December 27th)
- Travel Information Form – ALL MEMBERS & BOWL SUBS MUST COMPLETE by Wednesday, December 13th at NOON
- Keep a copy of the itinerary on you at all times, and read ahead before every departure to make sure you have all clothing, uniforms, spending money, etc. that you may need.
- Remember to BE EARLY for every event. Due to the complexity of our schedule, we will not wait for anyone at any point during our trip. Set alarms, schedule wake up calls, and ensure that your roommates and friends wake up every morning while at the hotel in Orlando. NO EXCUSES FOR TARDINESS!!!!
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
10100 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32821
- December 26th, 7:30 pm – Dinner / Shopping at Universal CityWalk
- December 27th, 11:30 am – CMB performs in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Parade (this performance gains us free entry to ANY Disney park on Dec. 29th)
- December 27th, 4:00 pm – Camping World Bowl Pep Rally (Full Band, I-Drive 360, Home of the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye. Optional: Purchase ticket to ride the Orlando Eye during our lunch break. We recommend purchasing a ticket online to save a few bucks if you plan on riding this.
- December 27th, 7:30 pm – Dinner / Shopping at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
- December 28th, 11:00 am – Camping World Bowl Parade of Bands (Winter Park)
- December 28th, 3:45 pm – Mercedes-Benz FanFest at Tinker Field (adjacent to stadium)
- December 28th, 5:15 pm – Kick-off, OSU vs. Virginia Tech; CMB performs a 5-minute pregame and 5-minute halftime show (Garth Brooks)
- December 29th, 9:00 am – 7:30 pm – WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! Buses will drop off at the Magic Kingdom, and then you may use your ticket to enter any of the four Disney theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, or Disney’s Animal Kingdom, featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar. Note that your ticket will be good for admission to any ONE of these parks, but once it is used, it cannot be used to enter a different park. If you want to go somewhere other than the Magic Kingdom where the buses drop off, use the Monorail or other free Disney park transportation (but do not enter the Magic Kingdom first unless you plan on staying there).
- Be sure you have the music for the Garth Brooks show (posted below). Also be sure and take a moment to watch our performance of this show from earlier this season to help understand where the drill moves take place with the music (especially bowl subs).
- Garth Brooks Music
- Garth Brooks show live performance
- Garth Brooks Drill
- Garth Brooks Bowl Opener Coordinates
- Garth Brooks Bowl Closer Coordinates
- We are taking one truck. All percussion equipment, tubas, baritones, trombones, mellophones, tenor saxes, and ladders go on the truck.
- Every person is responsible for loading their own instrument on the bus or truck. If you are meeting us after we depart from Stillwater and your instrument is in the dungeon, please contact someone in your section to make sure your instrument is loaded, or bring it to Orlando yourself. DO NOT ASSUME THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS PACKING YOUR INSTRUMENT UNLESS YOU ASK THEM TO!!!
- UNIFORMS: Remember to pack your white coats, orange bibbers, white marching shoes and socks, white gloves, cowboy hats, CMB baseball caps, and rain coats
- Black Nike CMB T-shirts
- Black Nike CMB Polos
- Extra T-shirts and shorts to wear underneath uniform since we will wear full uniform several times
- Comfortable rehearsal clothes, INCLUDING TENNIS SHOES (NO SANDALS AT REHEARSAL)
- Outfits to wear to dinner and clothes to wear at Walt Disney World
- Layers to wear depending on the weather during the trip
- Swimsuits (if using hotel pool)
- Flip Folders with Music (all stands tunes, plus Garth Brooks show music)
- Other packing suggestions are located on page 4 of the itinerary.
Please be sure to check out a uniform on Wed, Dec. 13th between 5:30-6:30 pm. If this time won’t work for you, then please contact Makenzie Darby ASAP to set up an alternate time. If you need an OSU instrument, please email Andrew Raven ASAP. Please note that we use the Remind app to communicate timely information to our members – be sure you install the app or subscribe to notifications using the instructions on the previous link.
As a reminder, bowl travel is REQUIRED for all residents of Oklahoma and surrounding states (Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and New Mexico). It is also REQUIRED for ANYONE on an out-of-state tuition waiver (it’s written into your agreement). The only people exempt are those who are both from a state other than one previously listed, AND not on an out-of-state waiver. Failure to participate in the bowl without an excuse approved by Dr. Henderson may result in loss of waiver, loss of scholarship, and/or loss of CMB membership privileges for future seasons at the discretion of Dr. Henderson, Dr. Missal, and Dr. Sosnowchik. The following is not an acceptable excuse: “My parents planned a trip during that time.” That might work if you were 15 years old and a high school student. However, you are ADULTS, and this information is published in advance on our calendar / newsletter that is sent out in June.
It’s going to be a great trip! Go Pokes!!!
As most of you know, Mike and Anne Greenwood are HUGE supporters of the CMB and the OSU Bands in general. They are also big supporters of raising money for MS (multiple sclerosis) research, as this disease hits close to home for them since Anne’s sister suffers from MS. If you are free on October 1st and would be willing to give a couple hours to support Bike MS: The Road Divided 2017, your efforts would be most appreciated! They need help with various things throughout the day, including setting up early in the morning, cheering on riders, handing out snacks and water, and more. What a great way to not only support those affected by MS, but to also support the Greenwoods who do so much to support our great organization.
If you are planning on volunteering, please sign up using the link above so that we may pass your name along to the event organizers. THANK YOU for volunteering!!!
Note – this is the day we are returning with the pep band from Texas Tech, so unfortunately, those of us on the pep band trip will not be able to volunteer for this event.
The CMB needs the help of any CMB ALUMNI willing to volunteer for the Tulsa or OKC Cowboy Caravans! We are usually able to send current members to cover these events, but they are scheduled right smack in the middle of our band week! If you are interested in helping us out, we would LOVE your help!
Attire will be any orange OSU t-shirt or polo shirt & shorts.
Dates / Times / Locations
Monday, August 14th – TULSA
Thursday, August 17th – OKC
Music that we will play will include the Trilogy (Waving Song, Ride ’em, and OSU Chant), Oklahoma, and possibly the Alma Mater.
Instruments may be available to borrow if you need one. Let us know when you complete the form if you need to borrow an OSU instrument.
The following documents will help you better prepare for these important three days:
The following meals will be provided for you while at camp: lunch and dinner on Tuesday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Wednesday, and breakfast and lunch on Thursday. You are encouraged to bring any other snacks you may want between meals or in the evenings as well.
Please work together to carpool from your respective areas (Stillwater, Tulsa, OKC, Texas, etc.). We will be driving the large OSU van, which seats about 12 people, as well. If you would like to ride in the van, please email Andrew Raven. The van will leave Stillwater from the Seretean Center at 7:30 am on Monday morning.
If you want to check out some info about the camp yourself, including driving directions, more information about the facilities, and rec-time activity options, visit: http://www.okumcministries.org/camps/egan.html
FYI – the director of Camp Egan, Josh Pulver, is a former CMB member and a former Pistol Pete!
In addition to the team building aspect of the weekend, one of our primary goals is to unify our own marching and teaching methods so that we are as efficient as possible during band week and throughout the season. I promise you that you will have a very positive experience throughout the camp, and that we will leave this retreat as a unified leadership team!
Andrew Raven will be in charge of the instrument inventory this year. If you need an instrument for leadership camp, please either come by the band office on Friday, August 4th from 10am-2 pm, or email Andrew to set something up. If you aren’t coming to Stillwater prior to arriving at Camp Egan, we (or another member of your section) can bring an instrument for you.
Since this is an official OSU-sponsored event, and Camp Egan is also affiliated with the Methodist church, there is ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL allowed on the camp grounds. This should go without saying, but I just wanted to make it explicitly clear. We must respect the policies of our university, as well as those of Camp Egan.
Please see below for the halftime music we will be playing for the 2017 Classic Bowl May 31 – June 3, 2017. In addition to “Salute to America’s Finest” (Armed Forces Medley) and “Amazing Grace,” we will also be performing the “Classic Bowl Medley” that you should already have. We are looking forward to a great four days with everyone soon! – Dr. Henderson and staff Classic Bowl Staff Information
Thank you to everyone who auditioned for the 2017 edition of the Cowboy Marching Band Color Guard! Congratulations to the following students who were selected for membership for the 2017 season.
2017 CMB Color Guard:
Audrey Zinn – Section Leader
Erin Francis – Section Leader
Rebekah Routh – Section Leader
The 2017 OSU Spring Football Game will take place on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 1:00 pm. Please see below for more important information:
Call Time will be 12:00 PM in the Band Room. We will warm-up together, play through the tunes that we will use for this game (see below), and then walk over to the stadium. You should eat lunch BEFORE coming to rehearsal.
Attire will be Black Nike Polos (Nike T’s are OK if you are missing polos), Orange Nike shorts, CMB Baseball Caps. WEAR SUNSCREEN!
Music that we will play will include the National Anthem, Trilogy, Oklahoma, Rock ‘n Roll, Alma Mater, Verdi, Dies Irae, Light ’em Up (short & long versions), Look Down, Uptown Funk. We will have a few extra copies of the music available for those who need them.
Please let us know that you are coming by completing this form.
We will be hosting the OSSAA State Solo & Ensemble Contest April 18-20, 2017 in the Student Union and Bennett Chapel. We rely heavily on our wonderful student volunteers to help make this event a success!
The OSU Color Guard is open to all university students by audition only. You must be accepted to Oklahoma State University in order to audition. You may email the guard instructor, Mallory Brooks, for further information. If you are planning on auditioning, please let us know by completing this form.
Dates: Saturday, April 8th, and Saturday, April 15th, 2017. Participants only need to attend ONE of these two dates.
Exception: those Veterans auditioning for a position on the CMB Leadership Team should plan on attending both dates if at all possible. Leadership applicants should write a 30-second routine to perform at 8:30 am on April 8th.
Location: Band Room (Room 118) in the Seretean Center for the Performing Arts on the OSU Campus
8:30 am: Leadership Tryouts (must be a returning / veteran guard member to audition, and must complete a Leadership Team Application no later than Friday, March 31st.)
9:00– 10:00 am: Registration
10:00 – 12:00 pm: Fundamentals
12:00 – 1:00 pm: Lunch (on own)
1:00 – 4:00 pm: Learn audition routine
4:00 – 5:00 pm: Auditions
Flags will be available, but please bring your own equipment if possible. Please wear comfortable athletic clothes, tennis shoes, and sunscreen.
Pop toss (aka single) and horizontal toss
Drop spins, BOLOs, extensions, carves, and pull hits
Basic dance such as jazz runs, sauté/attitude, passé, and plié
Attire: Athletic clothing & sunscreen!