The final OSU Women’s Tennis Match of the season will take place on Sunday, April 15th at 1:00 pm at the Michael and Anne Greenwood Tennis Center. Please see below for more important information:
Call Time will be 12:45 PM in the parking lot east of the tennis center. We will warm-up together, play through the tunes that we will use for this game (see below), and then enter the tennis center together. Food will be provided for FREE at the match! There will be hot dogs before the match and BBQ after the match. The whole event should wrap up around 3:30 pm.
Attire will be Black Nike Polos (Nike T’s are OK if you are missing polos), Jeans, CMB Baseball Caps. You may want to bring your Bowl Hoodie if it ends up being cool this weekend (high Sunday is currently 55 degrees).
Music that we will play will include the National Anthem, Trilogy, Oklahoma, Alma Mater, and maybe Rock ‘n Roll. If you need music to any of that, please print it from the website before you come.
Please let us know that you are coming by completing this form.
The 2018 OSU Spring Football Game will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 1:00 pm. Please see below for more important information:
Call Time will be 12:00 PM in the Band Room. We will warm-up together, play through the tunes that we will use for this game (see below), and then walk over to the stadium. You should eat lunch BEFORE coming to rehearsal.
Attire will be Black Nike Polos (Nike T’s are OK if you are missing polos), Orange Nike shorts, CMB Baseball Caps. WEAR SUNSCREEN!
Music that we will play will include the National Anthem, Trilogy, Oklahoma, Rock ‘n Roll, Alma Mater, Verdi, Dies Irae, Light ’em Up (short & long versions), Look Down, Uptown Funk. We will have a few extra copies of the music available for those who need them.
Please let us know that you are coming by completing this form.
We will be hosting the OSSAA State Solo & Ensemble Contest April 17-19, 2018 in the Student Union and Bennett Chapel. We rely heavily on our wonderful student volunteers to help make this event a success!
Leadership auditions and interviews for the 2018-2019 season will take place the week of April 23-26, 2018. Any CMB member interested in applying for a leadership position should submit an application (see below) no later than Friday, April 20th at 5:00 pm.
The OSU Color Guard is open to all university students by audition only. You must be accepted to Oklahoma State University in order to audition. You may email the guard instructor, Mallory Vinzant, for further information. If you are planning on auditioning, please let us know by completing this form.
Dates: Saturday, April 7th, and Saturday, April 14th, 2018. Participants only need to attend ONE of these two dates.
Exception: those Veterans auditioning for a position on the CMB Leadership Team should plan on attending both dates if at all possible. Leadership applicants should write a 30-second routine to perform at 8:30 am on April 7th.
Location: Band Room (Room 118) in the Seretean Center for the Performing Arts on the OSU Campus
8:30 am: Leadership Tryouts (must be a returning / veteran guard member to audition, and must complete a Leadership Team Application no later than Friday, March 30th (online application coming soon).
9:00– 10:00 am: Registration
10:00 – 12:00 pm: Fundamentals
12:00 – 1:00 pm: Lunch (on own)
1:00 – 4:00 pm: Learn audition routine
4:00 – 5:00 pm: Auditions
Flags will be available, but please bring your own equipment if possible. Please wear comfortable athletic clothes, tennis shoes, and sunscreen.
Pop toss (aka single) and horizontal toss
Drop spins, BOLOs, extensions, carves, and pull hits
Basic dance such as jazz runs, sauté/attitude, passé, and plié
Attire: Athletic clothing & sunscreen!
The Cowboy Marching Band is excited to announce that auditions for the position of Feature Twirler for the 2018 edition of the Cowboy Marching Band will take place in the Spring of 2018. The specific timeline for the application process is highlighted below. All finalists must be accepted or enrolled students at Oklahoma State University by the date of the live audition (April 14).
- Friday, March 9th – APPLICATION DEADLINE (see below for more details)
- Friday, March 16th – *Invitations to participate in the live audition will be sent by the OSU Band Staff, and finalists will be provided audition music for the first two (of three) routines to be performed at the audition
- Friday, March 30 – Third and final piece of audition-routine music will be made available to finalists (two weeks prior to the audition)
- Saturday, April 14 – *Feature Twirler Auditions & Interviews NOTE: Auditions with finalists will be CLOSED to the public. Only the Feature Twirler finalists and the audition committee will be present.
*Note: The results of every stage of the audition process will be FINAL. The directors and audition committee work hard to find the performer who is the right fit for the OSU Cowboy Marching Band. Twirling applicants who apply for the position of Feature Twirler agree to accept the results of the audition process without disputing them. Submission of application materials constitutes acceptance of the audition process and its outcome.
Candidates interested in auditioning for the position of feature twirler at OSU should submit the following materials to the OSU band office by Friday, March 9th. The Cowboy Marching Band Directors will then evaluate all materials and select finalists to invite to the live audition. Materials should include:
- Résumé: The résumé should highlight the candidate’s performance history and accomplishments, as well as other relevant academic achievements and/or community involvement.
- Video: The application video may be an online link (preferred), flash drive, or DVD format. The video submission should include TWO live performances that best highlight the candidate’s twirling performance abilities.
- Letters of Reference: Each candidate should submit two to three letters of reference addressing their personal character, integrity, work ethic, performance level, and ability to work with others.
APPLICATION MATERIALS may be shipped, mailed, or emailed to:
OSU Cowboy Marching Band
ATTN: Dr. Douglas Henderson
220 Seretean Center
Stillwater, OK 74078
Those candidates selected to participate in the live audition on April 14th, 2018, will choreograph their own audition routines to three pieces provided to them by the OSU band staff prior to the audition. AUDITIONS WITH FINALISTS WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. Only the finalists and the audition committee will be present.
The first two tunes will be provided on March 16th when finalists are notified, and the final piece will be provided no later than Friday, March 30th (two weeks prior to the audition). This is a “real world” performance scenario in which the twirler must choreograph her own routine as quickly as the rest of the band learns a new halftime show.
- The First Routine should utilize ONLY one-baton tricks. MUSIC: “Ride ’em, Cowboys” and “OSU Chant”
- The Second Routine should utilize two-baton tricks only. MUSIC: “Oklahoma”
- The Third Routine should include 1, 2, and 3 batons with the option of 4 but not required. MUSIC: Bruno Mars: “Treasure” & “Runaway Baby”
- NOTE: Since fire batons are NOT allowed on the FieldTurf in Boone Pickens Stadium, candidates may NOT include fire batons in the audition process.
- Finalists will be adjudicated by directors and staff members of the Cowboy Marching Band, as well as one or two outside experts. Performances will be judged on creativity, technique, poise, execution, confidence, and showmanship.
- Following all audition performances, each candidate will have a brief interview with the audition committee. This interview will be an opportunity for the candidates to discuss their role as a member in the band program, work ethic, and other topics that the directors may deem relevant.
- The Directors reserve the right to decline naming a feature twirler when none meet acceptable standards based upon the live audition and interview.
- Reminder: The results of every stage of the audition process will be FINAL. The directors and audition committee work hard to find the performer who is the right fit for the OSU Cowboy Marching Band. Twirling applicants who apply for the position of Feature Twirler agree to accept the results of the audition process without disputing them. Submission of application materials constitutes acceptance of the audition process and its outcome.
- The new Feature Twirler for the Cowboy Marching Band will be announced the week following the live auditions.
Please vote using the SurveyMonkey link emailed to you for one of the two following banquet dining options:
Option 1 – Mexican Buffet
Option 2 – Barbecue Buffet
Remember – the banquet is FREE for all CMB members, and $30 if you bring a guest.
The Cowboy Marching Band is going to Orlando! Please continue to check this page for updates periodically until our trip. We’ve done our best to allow you to have family time on Christmas morning / afternoon (for those joining in Dallas) while still arriving in Orlando at a time that works well. Please see the note at the bottom of this page regarding required bowl participation.
- Camping World Bowl Itinerary (updated December 27th)
- Travel Information Form – ALL MEMBERS & BOWL SUBS MUST COMPLETE by Wednesday, December 13th at NOON
- Keep a copy of the itinerary on you at all times, and read ahead before every departure to make sure you have all clothing, uniforms, spending money, etc. that you may need.
- Remember to BE EARLY for every event. Due to the complexity of our schedule, we will not wait for anyone at any point during our trip. Set alarms, schedule wake up calls, and ensure that your roommates and friends wake up every morning while at the hotel in Orlando. NO EXCUSES FOR TARDINESS!!!!
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
10100 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32821
- December 26th, 7:30 pm – Dinner / Shopping at Universal CityWalk
- December 27th, 11:30 am – CMB performs in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Parade (this performance gains us free entry to ANY Disney park on Dec. 29th)
- December 27th, 4:00 pm – Camping World Bowl Pep Rally (Full Band, I-Drive 360, Home of the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye. Optional: Purchase ticket to ride the Orlando Eye during our lunch break. We recommend purchasing a ticket online to save a few bucks if you plan on riding this.
- December 27th, 7:30 pm – Dinner / Shopping at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
- December 28th, 11:00 am – Camping World Bowl Parade of Bands (Winter Park)
- December 28th, 3:45 pm – Mercedes-Benz FanFest at Tinker Field (adjacent to stadium)
- December 28th, 5:15 pm – Kick-off, OSU vs. Virginia Tech; CMB performs a 5-minute pregame and 5-minute halftime show (Garth Brooks)
- December 29th, 9:00 am – 7:30 pm – WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! Buses will drop off at the Magic Kingdom, and then you may use your ticket to enter any of the four Disney theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, or Disney’s Animal Kingdom, featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar. Note that your ticket will be good for admission to any ONE of these parks, but once it is used, it cannot be used to enter a different park. If you want to go somewhere other than the Magic Kingdom where the buses drop off, use the Monorail or other free Disney park transportation (but do not enter the Magic Kingdom first unless you plan on staying there).
- Be sure you have the music for the Garth Brooks show (posted below). Also be sure and take a moment to watch our performance of this show from earlier this season to help understand where the drill moves take place with the music (especially bowl subs).
- Garth Brooks Music
- Garth Brooks show live performance
- Garth Brooks Drill
- Garth Brooks Bowl Opener Coordinates
- Garth Brooks Bowl Closer Coordinates
- We are taking one truck. All percussion equipment, tubas, baritones, trombones, mellophones, tenor saxes, and ladders go on the truck.
- Every person is responsible for loading their own instrument on the bus or truck. If you are meeting us after we depart from Stillwater and your instrument is in the dungeon, please contact someone in your section to make sure your instrument is loaded, or bring it to Orlando yourself. DO NOT ASSUME THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS PACKING YOUR INSTRUMENT UNLESS YOU ASK THEM TO!!!
- UNIFORMS: Remember to pack your white coats, orange bibbers, white marching shoes and socks, white gloves, cowboy hats, CMB baseball caps, and rain coats
- Black Nike CMB T-shirts
- Black Nike CMB Polos
- Extra T-shirts and shorts to wear underneath uniform since we will wear full uniform several times
- Comfortable rehearsal clothes, INCLUDING TENNIS SHOES (NO SANDALS AT REHEARSAL)
- Outfits to wear to dinner and clothes to wear at Walt Disney World
- Layers to wear depending on the weather during the trip
- Swimsuits (if using hotel pool)
- Flip Folders with Music (all stands tunes, plus Garth Brooks show music)
- Other packing suggestions are located on page 4 of the itinerary.
Please be sure to check out a uniform on Wed, Dec. 13th between 5:30-6:30 pm. If this time won’t work for you, then please contact Makenzie Darby ASAP to set up an alternate time. If you need an OSU instrument, please email Andrew Raven ASAP. Please note that we use the Remind app to communicate timely information to our members – be sure you install the app or subscribe to notifications using the instructions on the previous link.
As a reminder, bowl travel is REQUIRED for all residents of Oklahoma and surrounding states (Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and New Mexico). It is also REQUIRED for ANYONE on an out-of-state tuition waiver (it’s written into your agreement). The only people exempt are those who are both from a state other than one previously listed, AND not on an out-of-state waiver. Failure to participate in the bowl without an excuse approved by Dr. Henderson may result in loss of waiver, loss of scholarship, and/or loss of CMB membership privileges for future seasons at the discretion of Dr. Henderson, Dr. Missal, and Dr. Sosnowchik. The following is not an acceptable excuse: “My parents planned a trip during that time.” That might work if you were 15 years old and a high school student. However, you are ADULTS, and this information is published in advance on our calendar / newsletter that is sent out in June.
It’s going to be a great trip! Go Pokes!!!
As most of you know, Mike and Anne Greenwood are HUGE supporters of the CMB and the OSU Bands in general. They are also big supporters of raising money for MS (multiple sclerosis) research, as this disease hits close to home for them since Anne’s sister suffers from MS. If you are free on October 1st and would be willing to give a couple hours to support Bike MS: The Road Divided 2017, your efforts would be most appreciated! They need help with various things throughout the day, including setting up early in the morning, cheering on riders, handing out snacks and water, and more. What a great way to not only support those affected by MS, but to also support the Greenwoods who do so much to support our great organization.
If you are planning on volunteering, please sign up using the link above so that we may pass your name along to the event organizers. THANK YOU for volunteering!!!
Note – this is the day we are returning with the pep band from Texas Tech, so unfortunately, those of us on the pep band trip will not be able to volunteer for this event.
The CMB needs the help of any CMB ALUMNI willing to volunteer for the Tulsa or OKC Cowboy Caravans! We are usually able to send current members to cover these events, but they are scheduled right smack in the middle of our band week! If you are interested in helping us out, we would LOVE your help!
Attire will be any orange OSU t-shirt or polo shirt & shorts.
Dates / Times / Locations
Monday, August 14th – TULSA
Thursday, August 17th – OKC
Music that we will play will include the Trilogy (Waving Song, Ride ’em, and OSU Chant), Oklahoma, and possibly the Alma Mater.
Instruments may be available to borrow if you need one. Let us know when you complete the form if you need to borrow an OSU instrument.