The Cowboy Marching Band is going to Orlando! Please continue to check this page for updates periodically until our trip. We’ve done our best to allow you to have family time on Christmas morning / afternoon (for those joining in Dallas) while still arriving in Orlando at a time that works well. Please see the note at the bottom of this page regarding required bowl participation.
- Camping World Bowl Itinerary (updated December 9th)
- Travel Information Form – ALL MEMBERS & BOWL SUBS MUST COMPLETE by Wednesday, December 13th at NOON
- Keep a copy of the itinerary on you at all times, and read ahead before every departure to make sure you have all clothing, uniforms, spending money, etc. that you may need.
- Remember to BE EARLY for every event. Due to the complexity of our schedule, we will not wait for anyone at any point during our trip. Set alarms, schedule wake up calls, and ensure that your roommates and friends wake up every morning while at the hotel in Orlando. NO EXCUSES FOR TARDINESS!!!!
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
10100 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32821
- December 26th, 7:30 pm – Dinner / Shopping at Universal CityWalk
- December 27th, 11:30 am – CMB performs in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Parade (this performance gains us free entry to ANY Disney park on Dec. 29th)
- December 27th, 4:00 pm – Camping World Bowl Pep Rally (Full Band, I-Drive 360, Home of the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye. Optional: Purchase ticket to ride the Orlando Eye during our lunch break. We recommend purchasing a ticket online to save a few bucks if you plan on riding this.
- December 27th, 7:30 pm – Dinner / Shopping at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
- December 28th, 11:00 am – Camping World Bowl Parade of Bands (Winter Park)
- December 28th, 3:45 pm – Mercedes-Benz FanFest at Tinker Field (adjacent to stadium)
- December 28th, 5:15 pm – Kick-off, OSU vs. Virginia Tech; CMB performs a 5-minute pregame and 5-minute halftime show (Garth Brooks)
- Be sure you have the music for the Garth Brooks show (we will have this posted online soon). Also be sure and take a moment to watch our performance of this show from earlier this season to help understand where the drill moves take place with the music (especially bowl subs).
- Garth Brooks show live performance
- Garth Brooks Drill
- Garth Brooks Bowl Opener Coordinates
- Garth Brooks Bowl Closer Coordinates
- We are taking one truck. All percussion equipment, tubas, baritones, trombones, mellophones, tenor saxes, and ladders go on the truck.
- Every person is responsible for loading their own instrument on the bus or truck. If you are meeting us after we depart from Stillwater and your instrument is in the dungeon, please contact someone in your section to make sure your instrument is loaded, or bring it to Orlando yourself. DO NOT ASSUME THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS PACKING YOUR INSTRUMENT UNLESS YOU ASK THEM TO!!!
- UNIFORMS: Remember to pack your white coats, orange bibbers, white marching shoes and socks, white gloves, cowboy hats, CMB baseball caps, and rain coats
- Black Nike CMB T-shirts
- Black Nike CMB Polos
- Extra T-shirts and shorts to wear underneath uniform since we will wear full uniform several times
- Comfortable rehearsal clothes, INCLUDING TENNIS SHOES (NO SANDALS AT REHEARSAL)
- Outfits to wear to dinner and clothes to wear at Walt Disney World
- Layers to wear depending on the weather during the trip
- Swimsuits (if using hotel pool)
- Flip Folders with Music (all stands tunes, plus Garth Brooks show music)
- Other packing suggestions are located on page 4 of the itinerary.
Please be sure to check out a uniform on Wed, Dec. 13th between 5:30-6:30 pm. If this time won’t work for you, then please contact Makenzie Darby ASAP to set up an alternate time. If you need an OSU instrument, please email Andrew Raven ASAP. Please note that we use the Remind app to communicate timely information to our members – be sure you install the app or subscribe to notifications using the instructions on the previous link.
As a reminder, bowl travel is REQUIRED for all residents of Oklahoma and surrounding states (Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and New Mexico). It is also REQUIRED for ANYONE on an out-of-state tuition waiver (it’s written into your agreement). The only people exempt are those who are both from a state other than one previously listed, AND not on an out-of-state waiver. Failure to participate in the bowl without an excuse approved by Dr. Henderson may result in loss of waiver, loss of scholarship, and/or loss of CMB membership privileges for future seasons at the discretion of Dr. Henderson, Dr. Missal, and Dr. Sosnowchik. The following is not an acceptable excuse: “My parents planned a trip during that time.” That might work if you were 15 years old and a high school student. However, you are ADULTS, and this information is published in advance on our calendar / newsletter that is sent out in June.
It’s going to be a great trip! Go Pokes!!!